Are you learning about screw conveyor and want to better understand its working principle and application? In this article, we will go into detail about the screw, from the basic construction to how it works and the benefits it brings. Let's find out together!
1. screw conveyor – The basics
Screw conveyor is a device widely used in the industry to transport solid materials in the direction of torsion and in horizontal, vertical, and inclined directions. It consists of three main parts: screw chute, screw shaft and screw blade.
– Screw trough: there are 2 types of U-shaped trough and round screw trough, made of steel plate with a common thickness of 2 -10 (mm) or heat-resistant steel plate if the material temperature is high, steel must be used.
– Screw: is made from steel pipe to ensure the standards of thickness and hardness, the end of each pipe segment is welded with a flange to install an intermediate bearing.
– Impeller: made from steel plate, or stainless steel welded to the screw to form a spiral blade.
2. Working principle
The operating principle of the screw conveyor is based on the combination of the gravity of the material and the frictional force between the material and the machine wall. As the screw rotates, the blade generates thrust, pushing the material to move reciprocally along the bottom of the conveyor.
The material at the mid-axis point is pushed by the material from behind, while the non-rotating nut moves in the direction of the screw. The screw propels the material and ensures uniform distribution over the entire conveyor.
Video of testing screw conveyor at the factory before handing over to customers
3. Application of screw conveyor
Screw conveyor has many applications in different industries. Here are some common applications of screw conveyors:
- Wastewater treatment: With the ability to effectively transport sludge. Sludge conveyor screws are widely used in wastewater treatment systems to transport sludge in the best way.
- Food industry: In the food industry, equipment is used to transport wastes and scraps, making production and handling processes more efficient.
- Agriculture: In the agricultural industry, equipment also plays an important role in handling organic fertilizers and other organic materials. It helps to transport and distribute fertilizers evenly across the gardens, ensuring an efficient supply of nutrients to the plants.
- Construction industry: In the handling and transportation of construction materials such as sand, stone, cement, and screw conveyor has an important role. It helps to ensure a smooth production and construction process, reducing labor time and effort.
4. Benefits of screw conveyor
- High efficiency: With a simple design structure and effective operating principle, the screw conveyor allows the conveying and handling of materials quickly and efficiently.
- High reliability: Sludge conveyors are usually made from high-quality materials such as sheet steel and stainless steel, ensuring durability and rigidity during use.
- Cost savings: Using a screw conveyor can help save production and operating costs. With efficient material handling and distribution, it reduces labor time and effort, as well as saves materials and energy.
- Flexibility: Can be customized and tailored to suit the specific requirements of each application. This makes it suitable for many different industries and sizes.
Sludge conveyor screw ARK Vietnam
A sludge conveyor screw is an auxiliary device in sludge treatment. The equipment helps to transport and treat sewage sludge containing many hazardous substances, effectively helping people reduce their exposure to health hazards. Increases productivity and reduces work time.
ARK Vietnam specializes in manufacturing equipment sludge dewatering machines. For the convenience of our customers, we also manufacture auxiliary equipment “Screw conveyor” included when a customer purchases sludge dewatering machines. with below specifications for customer reference:
|Model||VTP250, VTP300, VTP350|
|Transport capacity||1 ~ 10 m3/h|
|Motor||0.7kW ~ 1.5kW|
In short, the screw conveyor is an important piece of equipment in many industries, from wastewater treatment to the food industry and construction. With its simple operating principle and flexible application, it provides great benefits in terms of performance, reliability and cost savings.
For a system to function properly, the selection of high-quality components is very important. The screw chute is usually made from SUS304 steel.
For high-temperature applications, heat-resistant steel should be used to ensure the strength and durability of the screw chute. The screw is usually made from high-strength and thick-walled tubular steel and is welded with bearings to ensure system stability and reliability. The impeller is usually made from 304 stainless steel or sheet steel and is firmly welded to the screw.
When selecting a slurry screw conveyor, factors such as load-carrying capacity, conveying speed, self-cleaning and maintenance capabilities should also be considered. In addition, consultation and advice from manufacturers and experts in the field are also important to ensure effectiveness and safety in use.
In this article, we explored the screw conveyor, from its working principle to its applications and benefits. With the continuous development of the industry, the screw conveyor plays an important role in the handling and transportation of materials.